[Beowulf] [External] RIP CentOS 8 [EXT]

Andrew M.A. Cater amacater at einval.com
Wed Dec 9 09:23:30 UTC 2020

On Wed, Dec 09, 2020 at 05:59:11AM +0000, Jonathan Aquilina via Beowulf wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> Im probably a bit late to the party. What is going on with CentOS? As I am not quite understanding whats happening.
>
> To be fair I am at the point where I am running through my mind the creation of my own distro based off fedora/Centos Stream (once I know what it is)
>
> For me the biggest thing for sticking with Centos and RHEL derivatives is due to security features like SEL amongst other things as well there are some interesting developments that I need to try out such as podman (docker alternative)
>
> Regards,
> Jonathan

SE Linux - is supported in other distributions now. If you have to have it -
Government / big lab - it's probably Red Hat or nothing, but there are
alternatives (and Red Hat / Oracle are often last to the party with other
CVE fixing).

CentOS - going away, EOL as CentOS 2021 rather than 2029.
CentOS Streams becoming a rolling distribution feeding the six monthly RH
update.

Andy C