[Beowulf] live free SGE descendent (for Centos 7)?

David Mathog mathog at caltech.edu
Wed Mar 6 09:33:26 PST 2019

On 05-Mar-2019 10:59, INKozin wrote:
> Or you can ping Dave Love who I'm sure will be happy to respond.

There is indeed a version for Centos 7 on one of his sites, but it took
me a while to find it.  For future reference, was able to install it
with:

cd /tmp
#this download link was really slow, not sure why
wget
https://copr-be.cloud.fedoraproject.org/results/loveshack/SGE/epel-7-x86_64/00756477-gridengine/gridengine-8.1.9-2.el7.x86_64.rpm
wget
https://copr-be.cloud.fedoraproject.org/results/loveshack/SGE/epel-7-x86_64/00756477-gridengine/gridengine-qmon-8.1.9-2.el7.x86_64.rpm
wget
https://copr-be.cloud.fedoraproject.org/results/loveshack/SGE/epel-7-x86_64/00756477-gridengine/gridengine-qmaster-8.1.9-2.el7.x86_64.rpm
wget
https://copr-be.cloud.fedoraproject.org/results/loveshack/SGE/epel-7-x86_64/00756477-gridengine/gridengine-guiinst-8.1.9-2.el7.noarch.rpm
wget
https://copr-be.cloud.fedoraproject.org/results/loveshack/SGE/epel-7-x86_64/00756477-gridengine/gridengine-execd-8.1.9-2.el7.x86_64.rpm
wget
https://copr-be.cloud.fedoraproject.org/results/loveshack/SGE/epel-7-x86_64/00756477-gridengine/gridengine-devel-8.1.9-2.el7.noarch.rpm

#install dependencies which showed up on the first install attempt
wget
http://download-ib01.fedoraproject.org/pub/epel/7/x86_64/Packages/m/munge-libs-0.5.11-3.el7.x86_64.rpm
rpm -i munge-libs-0.5.11-3.el7.x86_64.rpm
yum install cpan
yum install perl-Env
yum install perl-XML-Simple
yum install xorg-x11-fonts-ISO8859-1-100dpi

rpm -i gridengine*rpm