[Beowulf] Lustre on google cloud

Chris Samuel chris at csamuel.org
Mon Jul 22 22:30:10 PDT 2019

On 22/7/19 10:12 pm, Jonathan Aquilina wrote:

> I am aware of that as I follow their youtube channel.

Fair enough, others may not. :-)

> I think my main query is compared to managing a cluster in house is this the way forward be it AWS or google cloud?

I think the answer there is likely "it depends".  The reasons may not
all be technical either, you may be an organisation from outside the US
that cannot allow your data to reside offshore, or be held by a US
company subject to US law even if data is not held in the US.

All the best,
Chris
--
  Chris Samuel  :  http://www.csamuel.org/  :  Berkeley, CA, USA