[Beowulf] A Cooler Cloud: A Clever Conduit Cuts Data Centers? Cooling Needs by 90 Percent

John Hearns hearnsj at googlemail.com
Mon Jan 28 07:43:31 PST 2019

Thinking about it, if they are sucking in air through very narrow slots
then sending it through an expanding chamber it will make a heck of a
noise. I wonder if you could tune each expansion pipe to a particular note,
and construct a mighty pipe organ on your data centre?
Tunes are produced as jobs go through each step in the algorithm, so
monitoring jobs is as easy as listening at the door of the data centre.
A Lovely Mozart melody indicates all is well. Beethovens Ninth with the
cannon shot at the end indicates a crashed job.

ps. If you guys read this do drop me a note   john.hearns at cgg.com