[Beowulf] Build Recommendations - Private Cluster

Christopher Samuel chris at csamuel.org
Wed Aug 21 15:10:18 PDT 2019

On 8/20/19 11:03 PM, John Hearns via Beowulf wrote:

> A Transputer cluster? Squeeee! I know John Taylor (formerly
> Meiko/Quadrics) very well.

Hah, when I was a young sysadmin we had a heterogenous network and one
box was a Parsys transputer system running Idris.  The only UNIX system
I've admined where the "shutdown" command would crash part way through
and you'd need to type sync sync sync and then flip the big red switch.

The chips used to be made in the next city (Newport) along to the one I
grew up in (Cardiff) in South Wales. :-)

All the best,
Chris
--
   Chris Samuel  :  http://www.csamuel.org/  :  Berkeley, CA, USA