[Beowulf] Contents of Compute Nodes Images vs. Login Node Images

Paul Edmon pedmon at cfa.harvard.edu
Tue Oct 23 09:18:40 PDT 2018

At least here at Harvard Research Computing we run the same
environment/OS on both login and compute.  We've found it to be easier
to deal with from a user perspective.  That said our login nodes are a
different hardware than our compute, so if people want to build stuff
optimized for specific architectures we tell them to start up an
interactive session on the hardware they want to run on to build.

-Paul Edmon-