[Beowulf] Administrivia: list admin travelling

Chris Samuel chris at csamuel.org
Tue Oct 2 04:07:24 PDT 2018

Hi folks,

Just a heads up that I've got to return to the UK for family matters and will
be back in Melbourne late on the 14th October (and giving a short talk at a
workshop at eResearch on the 16th, eep!).

I should still have access to email whilst travelling, but likely with a
higher latency than usual.

The list has been quiet recently; please remember it is your list and everyone
is welcome to initiate and participate in discussions no matter your level of
experience.

If you know people who might benefit from being on the list please let them
know about it, HPC is a fairly small community in the wider IT world and so
often we can only make connections with our peers through things like this.

If you are going to be at events like SC (sorry, don't think I'll be there
this year) please do promote the list to those who may not know about it if it
has been of benefit to you.

Finally if you, or people you know, have had problems getting or sending
emails to this list please do let me know by emailing me directly.   The
advent of sometimes misguided or over-enthusiastic anti-spam filters is often
a problem these days [looks pointedly at current work email system].

All the best!
Chris