[Beowulf] HPC workflows

Jon Forrest nobozo at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 14:19:52 PST 2018

On 11/27/2018 4:51 AM, Michael Di Domenico wrote:

> this seems a bit too stringent of a statement for me.  i don't dismiss
> or disagree with your premise, but i don't entirely agree that HPC
> "must" change in order to compete.

I agree completely. There is and always be a need for what I call
"pretty high performance computing", which is the highest performance
computing you can achieve, given practical limits like funding, space,
time, ... Sure there will always people who can figure out how to go
faster, but PHPC is pretty good.

Jon Forrest