[Beowulf] Fortran is Awesome

Paul Edmon pedmon at cfa.harvard.edu
Wed Nov 28 08:50:38 PST 2018

It's still the case the for intense numerical analysis Fortran is best
even though the gap between it and C has diminished.  Being a
computational astrophysicist by training I can speak from experience
that Fortran is superior to C for doing serious numerical work at
scale.  What Fortran does well it does very well, and it still does very
well.

Once C has native arrays and orders them properly, then we can talk :).

-Paul Edmon-