[Beowulf] Intel motherboard BMC

Prentice Bisbal pbisbal at pppl.gov
Thu Jun 21 08:09:58 PDT 2018

On 06/21/2018 05:13 AM, Jörg Saßmannshausen wrote:
> However, if I want to use the GUI for the BMC, i.e. opening my browser and
> put:
>
> https://node105-bmc
>
> in the URL, I get the loging page When I enter my login credentials then,
> which are the same as above, I have a problem to log in *IF* I am using the
> hostname as address but not *IF* I am using the IP address. Just to add to the
> confusion more, on one node the hostname was working.
> With problems I mean the browser tells me my login credentials are wrong which
> does not happen when I am using the IP address.
> Also, I can only use https and not http and for now I got the generic self
> signed certificates. I want to change them at one point but right now that is
> more on the bottom of my to-do list.

This sounds like some sort of naming issue, reminiscent of not having
NameVirtualHosts setup properly in Apache.

Are the names for any of these hosts in DNS? Not that they should be, or
need to be, but I'm taking a WAG and guessing that if this machine
doesn't have it's own hostname configured, it's doing some sort of
lookup on the hostname and failing. Since it works on that one host, you
can do a hostname lookup and see if that hostname is in DNS for some
reason.

Prentice