[Beowulf] Storage Best Practices

Skylar Thompson skylar.thompson at gmail.com
Mon Feb 19 07:20:08 PST 2018

For our larger groups, we'll meet with them regularly to discuss their
space usage (and other IT needs). Even that's unlikely to be frequent
enough, so we direct usage alerts to their designated "data manager" if
they're getting close to running out of space. Aside from regularly
clearing out scratch space, though, we try to stay out of deletion
decisions, to avoid problems stemming from miscommunication between the
group and IT, or even within the group (left hand doesn't know what the
right hand is doing).

Skylar