[Beowulf] Fortran is Awesome

John Hearns hearnsj at googlemail.com
Sun Dec 2 00:44:28 PST 2018

Talking about pointers and memory management, I have discussed this on here
before.
As a CERN particle physicist I got deeply into the BOS memory management
system in Fortran.
https://books.google.co.uk/books/about/The_BOS_System.html?id=yUfBPgAACAAJ&redir_esc=y

This involved doing terrible, terrible things with COMMON blocks and
meetings at midnight at beam crossing areas.
I still am haunted by the memories..  <twitch>  <twitch>