[Beowulf] Puzzling Intel mpi behavior with slurm

Skylar Thompson skylar.thompson at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 17:11:27 PDT 2018

At least for Grid Engine/OpenMPI the preferred mechanism ("tight
integration") involves the shepherds running on each exec hosts to start
MPI, without any SSH/RSH required at all. I'm not sure if you've run across
this documentation, but it might help to figure out what's going on:

https://slurm.schedmd.com/mpi_guide.html#intel_mpi

I'm guessing you're using the "srun" method right now.

Skylar