[Beowulf] What is rdma, ofed, verbs, psm etc?

John Hearns hearnsj at googlemail.com
Sun Sep 24 13:30:57 PDT 2017

Jon,
ROCE is commonly used. We run GPFS over ROCE and plenty of other sites do
also.

To answer questions on what network ROCE needs, I guess you could run it on
a 1 Gbps network with office grade network switches.
What it really needs is a lossless network. Dare I saw the Mellanox word....

I think you would find ROCE is a lot more prevalent than you would think...
I guess we should brin in GPUdirect  and NVME over Fabrics here.
Google finds this website:     http://www.roceinitiative.org/