[Beowulf] cluster deployment and config management

Christopher Samuel samuel at unimelb.edu.au
Tue Sep 5 16:58:14 PDT 2017

On 06/09/17 09:51, Christopher Samuel wrote:

> Nothing like your scale, of course, but it works and we know if a node
> has booted a particular image it will be identical to any other node
> that's set to boot the same image.

I should mention that we set the osimage for nodes via groups, not
directly on the nodes, so on two of our HPC clusters we've just got a
single "compute" group that covers all nodes and on the one other we've
got "phi" and "nophi" groups.

The data infrastructure one has groups for NSD servers connected to IB
vs FC storage, TSM servers, HSM (TSM-SM) servers, GPFS-NFS cluster
servers, etc but those are all more traditional stateful installs
(kickstart installs all scripted via xCAT).

cheers,
Chris
 Melbourne Bioinformatics - The University of Melbourne