[Beowulf] slow mpi init/finalize

Michael Di Domenico mdidomenico4 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 18 06:17:53 PDT 2017

On Wed, Oct 18, 2017 at 9:00 AM, Chris Samuel <samuel at unimelb.edu.au> wrote:

> In that case you're unlikely to be enabling Infiniband support, so you'll need
> to pass that through to enable it (and you'll need to have the appropriate IB
> development packages installed too).
>
> What does this say?
>
> ompi_info  | fgrep openib

MCA btl: openib (MCA v2.1.0, API v3.0.0, Component v2.0.2)

I'm pretty sure openib is getting pulled in by default during the
configure steps.  i'll have to go back and check the config.log files
too be sure.  i usually install all the required devel packages and
it's definitely using RDMA for the message passing.