[Beowulf] Intel kills Knights Hill, Xeon Phi line "being revised"

C Bergström cbergstrom at pathscale.com
Sat Nov 18 04:58:40 PST 2017

Actually, the better question is, which vendor received funds and actually
made a useful solution that can go production with the deliverables. From
my view it seems like history is repeating itself[1] and I wish more people
would wake up. The top down approach to funding scientific research and the
in-fighting between labs is just too much nonsense. If these research
projects were a start-up, it would have failed hard.

 [1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X87