[Beowulf] Aquantia 1-2-5-10Gb nics?

Christopher Samuel samuel at unimelb.edu.au
Tue May 16 18:30:26 PDT 2017

On 17/05/17 07:25, Mark Hahn wrote:

> the question, in my book, would be whether they could deliver decently
> low latency (running MPI, Linux, open-source drivers on a commodity switch).

I'm guessing to do that they'd need some form of RoCE (RDMA over
Converged Ethernet) support too, which I suspect needs switch
support (seems to from my limited involvement with a Mellanox
10/40/100 gigE cluster on campus).

I was going to download the driver to take a look here:

http://www.aquantia.com/driver-download/

but there's a restrictive set of terms for it which seem GPL
incompatible to me, so I didn't proceed.

There's a little bit on the card here too (plus comments):

http://techreport.com/news/31904/aquantia-aqtion-nics-bring-5-gbps-ethernet-to-a-pcie-slot-near-you

Best of luck!
Chris
 Melbourne Bioinformatics - The University of Melbourne