[Beowulf] Job Vacancy in Melbourne, Australia

Andrew Mather mathera at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 20:03:45 PST 2017

Hi All

We have a vacancy for a person to manage our Scientific Computing Systems

We're a Life-Sciences organisation, part of a Vic Gov department. We used
to be known as the Dept of Agriculture many years ago, now we're part of
Economic Development. We're in Melbourne, co-located on the Bundoora Campus
of Latrobe Uni. New purpose built facility, onsite datacentre, cafe in the
foyer, short walk to the centre of the Uni.

We have a 3200 core CentOS Linux Cluster + assorted ancillary machines,
using Torque/Moab for resource management and queueing. There's a small
VMWare infrastructure and some Windows servers and desktops as well and
some decent networking kit.

Skills in Linux, HPC, networking, VMWare and Windows are required.

Knowledge and exposure to Schneider/APC hot-aisle containment systems and
Struxureware Datacentre Expert software a bonus.

The job is now available via Seek, here: We're a Life-Sciences
organisation, part of a Vic Gov department. We used to be known as the Dept
of Agriculture many years ago, now we're part of Economic Development.
We're in Melbourne, co-located on the Bundoora Campus of Latrobe Uni. New
purpose built facility, onsite datacentre, cafe in the foyer, short walk to
the centre of the Uni.

We have a 3200 core CentOS Linux Cluster + assorted ancillary machines,
using Torque/Moab for resource management and queueing. There's a small
VMWare infrastructure and some Windows servers and desktops as well and
some decent networking kit.

Skills in Linux, HPC, networking, VMWare and Windows are required.

Knowledge and exposure to Schneider/APC hot-aisle containment systems and
Struxureware Datacentre Expert software a bonus.

Job is now posted on Seek and the Vic Gov careers website. Seek link
<https://www.seek.com.au/Job/32614193>

Official contacts given in the ad, but I am happy to field questions.

Andrew

--
-
 https://picasaweb.google.com/107747436224613508618