[Beowulf] HPC cloud bursting providers?

Chris Dagdigian dag at sonsorol.org
Thu Feb 23 13:14:18 PST 2017

On Amazon you should be looking at CfnCluster:

https://aws.amazon.com/hpc/cfncluster/

The entire HPC stack is:

  - Directly supported by AWS
  - Written, used and deployed as a CloudFormation template
  - Very easy to extend and customize
  - Is under more active development than MIT StarCluster which is what
we used to use for similar purposes

Normally we use CfnCluster for AWS-only HPC but it should be amenable to
a cloudbursting scenario especially if your VPN/VPC links are solid

Chris