[Beowulf] HPC cloud bursting providers?

INKozin i.n.kozin at googlemail.com
Wed Feb 22 04:21:53 PST 2017

Hi Jeff,
I have found that Alces Flight is a fairly easy starting point
http://alces-flight.com/
They use AWS Cloud Formation. The template starts a login node and a
few compute nodes which can be scaled up dynamically using reserved or
spot instances. The latter is very attractive from the costing point
of view. While you can create a VPN to the cluster from your
on-premises network/cluster, the cloud cluster is meant to be a
personal one (single user). This is not bursting in the sense of a
"cloud" queue in the on-prem cluster but very easy to try.
Best,
Igor