[Beowulf] Thoughts on git?

Peter Clapham pc7 at sanger.ac.uk
Tue Dec 19 08:45:32 PST 2017

+1

Also add in the potential for CI and CD as part of the hooks within git and you have a powerful method to ensure changes to your code are unlikely to impact your environment.

By integrating with gitlab (etc) a GUI can also help your servicedesk accept proposals and have the updates then deploy as a part of an automated workload.

Rollback, backup, remove cursing of former self (or at least reduce its potential), making others live simper and reducing potential risks are all good things that can come of using a solid versioning tool.

Pete