[Beowulf] User notification of new software on the cluster

Christopher Samuel samuel at unimelb.edu.au
Tue Sep 27 16:42:50 PDT 2016

On 28/09/16 06:02, Rob Taylor wrote:

> I wanted to ask how people announce new versions of software that has
> been installed on their cluster to their user base.

We're pretty lucky, most users know to use "module avail" to see what's
there and given we tend to install a couple of new packages a day (yay
bioinformatics) any active update mechanism would probably be overwhelming.

We did used to have a list of software on our website but it was
impossible to keep up to date.

All the best,
Chris