[Beowulf] curiosity killed the cat

Christopher Samuel samuel at unimelb.edu.au
Tue May 31 17:14:46 PDT 2016

On 29/04/16 11:51, Stu Midgley wrote:

> we are just installing a 100Gb network...  just need to dig out that MPI
> that used ethernet frames rather than tcp/ip.

Isn't that really what IBoE (IB over Ethernet, previously called RoCE)
does?  If you're using Mellanox adapters then it should be possible to
use that.

There's even a SoftRoce project, though development seems to be slow,
the last patchset was posted in January to the linux-rdma list:

http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-rdma/msg32381.html

All the best,
Chris