[Beowulf] Cluster consistency checks

Jeffrey Layton laytonjb at gmail.com
Fri Mar 25 11:39:12 PDT 2016

Olli-Pekka, et al,

I took a look at your updated website - it looks very good. One thing I
wanted to ask, and this question is probably one for the entire list, when
you run a test across all of the nodes in the cluster, what process do you
use to determine if nodes are "outliers" and need attention?

For example, one test you mention is to run stream and look at the TRIAD
results for all of the nodes. If you run it across an entire cluster you
end up with a collection of results. What do you do with those results? Do
you look for nodes that are a certain percentage outside of the mean? Or do
you look for nodes that are outside one standard deviation from the mean?

Thanks!

Jeff

P.S. I have my own ideas but I'm really curious what other people do.