[Beowulf] Cluster consistency checks

Olli-Pekka Lehto olli-pekka.lehto at csc.fi
Tue Mar 22 09:01:49 PDT 2016

Thanks for the kind words and comments! Good catch with HPL. It's definitely part of the test regime. I typically run 3 tests for consistency:

- Separate instance of STREAM2 on each node
- Separate instance of HPL on each node
- Simple MPI latency / bandwidth test called mpisweep that tests every link (I'll put this up on github later as well)

I now made the changes to the document.

After this set of tests I'm not completely sure if NPB will add any further information. Those 3 benchmarks combined with the other checks should pretty much expose all the possible issues. However, I could be missing something again :)

Best regards,
O-P
--
Olli-Pekka Lehto