[Beowulf] [OT] MPI-haters

Prentice Bisbal prentice.bisbal at rutgers.edu
Fri Mar 11 08:21:14 PST 2016

Brian,

Excellent post! I'm glad you switched out of lurker mode to contribute,
and while I have your attention, I'm still waiting for you to e-mail me
that video of me riding the mechanical bull at SC08's closing reception
in Austin. ;)

Everything you say is 100% correct, but I don't think that really
explains the low traffic on this list. I joined this list in late 2007
or early 2008. In my time on the list, I don't remember many
nuts-and-bolts questions about PXE, MPI, etc. Sure, they came up, but I
remember most of the discussions about were about more general HPC
topics: The design of IBM's Roadrunner system, industry news , AMD or
Intel's latest processors, the latest gee-whiz gizmo from vendor X, etc.

Prentice