[Beowulf] curiosity killed the cat

Douglas Eadline deadline at eadline.org
Thu Jun 2 13:54:00 PDT 2016

> On 02/06/16 05:25, Andrew Piskorski wrote:
>
>> You mean GAMMA (Genoa Active Message MAchine):

Used both of these

> GAMMA's last update was 2009, according to their website.
Very good, but only worked for Intel e1000 (IIRC)

> Brice pulled the plug on Open-MX in December 2015.
Worked well, but some of my more recent tests with
Chelsio and Mellanox 10Gbe were mixed using Open-MX.

Many of the 10Gbe (and above) vendors seem to
be paying more attention to performance than
before. I like that for my small scale Limulus
boxes I can get 8-9 usec latency using tcp,
which provides a great performance bump over old 1 Gbe
HPL increased from 480 to 658 DP CPU GFLOPS using 4
Skylake procs). I should have my Hadoop terasort
numbers by the end of the month as well.

--
Doug

--
Doug