[Beowulf] curiosity killed the cat

Greg Lindahl lindahl at pbm.com
Wed Jun 1 20:57:45 PDT 2016

On Thu, Jun 02, 2016 at 07:48:10AM +0800, Stu Midgley wrote:
> That's it.  As I said, I haven't used it since the early 00's.
>
> With 100Gb becoming common it might be time for these sort of MPI's to come
> back.

You could do better than these old interfaces, too... modern ethernet
chips have multiple send/receive queues, so you could hack up an
interface which looks a lot more like InfiniPath's one-queue-per-core
model -- the OpenIB code for InfiniPath also has code that maps M
cores:N queues if M>N.

-- greg