[Beowulf] Demo-cluster ideas

Skylar Thompson skylar.thompson at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 17:36:00 PST 2016

Hi Olli-Pekka,

When we have LittleFe (http://littlefe.net) out in the wild (which
sounds a lot like what you're trying to do!), GalaxSee and Game of Life
are two favorites:

http://shodor.org/petascale/materials/UPModules/NBody/
http://shodor.org/petascale/materials/UPModules/GameOfLife/

They're simple enough to be understandable, are visual so even if you
don't grok the algorithm right away you can still get something out of
it, but still complex enough to be a good HPC show-case.

Skylar