[Beowulf] Demo-cluster ideas

Olli-Pekka Lehto olli-pekka.lehto at csc.fi
Mon Feb 1 07:57:30 PST 2016

We're in the process of developing a demo Beowulf cluster in the spirit of Tiny Titan (http://tinytitan.github.io/). However, the one we are working on is based on 10 Intel i7 small-form-factor boards with a fairly good per-core compute capability.

I'd be interested to hear if you have some ideas (or even pointers to code!) for demonstrating HPC concepts to the general public. Especially having an element of interactivity would be nice.

Couple of low-hanging fruits that we are already looking at are Blender/povray-rendering and porting the existing Tiny Titan codes.

Best regards,
Olli-Pekka
--
Olli-Pekka Lehto