[Beowulf] bring back 2012?

Christopher Samuel samuel at unimelb.edu.au
Thu Aug 18 16:41:24 PDT 2016

On 18/08/16 00:10, Prentice Bisbal wrote:

> I wouldn't be so glad. You're still going to have to rewrite your code
> as mentioned above to get any meaningful performance.

To be fair to Stu though he did post back in 2013 that he got good
performance improvements on his codes on Xeon Phi for little initial
effort, so that's why they're so attractive to him.

http://www.beowulf.org/pipermail/beowulf/2013-February/030963.html

http://www.beowulf.org/pipermail/beowulf/2013-February/030971.html

To us though they've proved not that useful, we can only run them
in accelerator mode (due to external constraints) and so we've had
virtually 0 uptake. :-(

All the best,
Chris