[Beowulf] Thoughts on IB EDR and Intel OmniPath

Hutcheson, Mike Mike_Hutcheson at baylor.edu
Fri Apr 29 15:18:03 PDT 2016

Hi.  We are looking at EDR and OmniPath for a new cluster we are looking to purchase this summer.  I am interested in what the Beowulf community has to say regarding the pros and cons for each of the technologies.  I am certainly not trying to start a flame war here, just looking for unbiased observations based on knowledge and experience.

Thanks for your help,

Mike Hutcheson
Assistant Director for Academic and Research Computing Services
Baylor University - Electronic Library Client Services
Mike_Hutcheson at baylor.edu