[Beowulf] What happened to AMD GPU?

C Bergström cbergstrom at pathscale.com
Wed Mar 4 12:26:37 PST 2015

On Thu, Mar 5, 2015 at 3:10 AM, Craig Tierney - NOAA Affiliate
<craig.tierney at noaa.gov> wrote:

> It appears to me that the numbers posted on that page for the card you are
> testing are with ECC off?  I know you are asking the question "what if", but
> the current test isn't even apples-to-apples.

SPEC does allow you 1:1 comparisons. In this case we're not yet
showing the gains I know we can achieve. I'm mostly trying to stir the
pot to see the level of interest.

Here's NVIDIA's best published result
http://spec.org/accel/results/res2014q1/accel-20140303-00018.html
compared to ours
http://spec.org/accel/results/res2015q1/accel-20150218-00045.html

The specific Intel CPU is less a factor if you're concerned about
that. I could put this card in the exact same system NVIDIA used and
show some decent performance. (That 3.8Ghz boost in fact may help more
than anything)