[Beowulf] NFS + IB?

Jeffrey Layton laytonjb at gmail.com
Sun Feb 22 10:09:40 PST 2015

Dell has been doing some really good things around NFS and IB using IPoIB.
Their NSS storage solution is an example. They've gotten some pretty good
sequential performance: 2.25 GB/s for writes and 5.48 GB/s for reads.
Pretty good performance from a simple NFS server using IPoIB I think.

They publish the settings they use and also the tests they run. For more
information just Google for Dell NFS, NSS. There should be pdf's that are
downloadable.

The last results I can find are for NSS v5.5 which uses RHEL 6.4. No newer
kernels I'm afraid.

Enjoy!

Jeff