[Beowulf] [OOM killer/scheduler] disabling swap on cluster nodes?

Daniel Gruber dgruber at univa.com
Mon Feb 9 01:50:45 PST 2015

„schedd_job_info“ does not scale due to its nature (the amount of
messages per job are depend on the cluster size and for each job
messages are generated). It is also questionable if all scheduler
decisions for each job and resource (queue instances) needs to
be documented temporarily. Hence the recommendation is always
to turn it off (I think we changed the default to that in one of the
last Sun versions). Alternatively you can use "qalter -w p <jobid>“
for figuring out why a job is not scheduled (produces similar messages
but for only one particular job instead).

Daniel