[Beowulf] Diskess cluster dictribution

Patrick Kirby otter at rockisland.com
Sat Jan 11 15:22:37 PST 2014

Hello,
We have been using Pelican HPC for building a 14 node cluster.
The slaves are diskless and have AMD FX 8120 CPU's with 8GB ram.
We are running the Evolutionary Objects genetic program on the cluster.

We have been having trouble with the cluster and would like to switch to a
different cluster software.
The problems seem to stem from the fact that Pelican is not tolerant of any
interruption is communication with slaves.
I would appreciate suggestions for a fault tolerant replacement for Pelican
HPC that would be appropriate for this project.
Thank you,

--
Patrick Kirby