[Beowulf] Red Hat buys Inktank, maker of Ceph

Andrew Holway andrew.holway at gmail.com
Wed Apr 30 09:15:38 PDT 2014

On 30 April 2014 15:05, Prentice Bisbal <prentice.bisbal at rutgers.edu> wrote:

> On 04/30/2014 08:34 AM, Chris Samuel wrote:
>>
>> So Red Hat now has Glusterfs and Ceph.  Interesting..
>>
>> http://www.redhat.com/inktank/
>>
>> cheers,
>> Chris
>

> Gluster never seemed to gain the traction of Lustre or GPFS, though.

In the grand scheme of things, away from our little world of HPC;
Gluster *may* have a much much bigger install base and a more active
developer base than Lustre or GPFS. Googling "lustre+linux (About
1,480,000 results)" vs "gluster+linux (About 147,000 results)"
suggests otherwise :)

Comparing Lustre or GPFS with Gluster is not a helpful exercise I
think. Apples with oranges.....