[Beowulf] transcode Similar Video Processing on Beowulf?

Gavin W. Burris bug at wharton.upenn.edu
Mon Apr 14 06:01:11 PDT 2014

Hi, Tze.

I would recommend FFmpeg.  This is the back end to many video websites
and applications, with many modern codecs.  It is available as a command
line video processing kit.  http://www.ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg.html

Since this works on Linux from the command line, you will be able to use
it with qsub and a bash script to a job queue, ala a Beowulf / HPC
cluster.

Cheers.