[Beowulf] Seeking performance data on clusters with QLogic IBA7322 cards

Brian Dobbins bdobbins at gmail.com
Fri Apr 11 13:37:45 PDT 2014

Dear all,

  I was wondering if anyone on this list has a cluster with QLogic IBA7322
QDR IB cards?  If so, is there any chance we can talk off list?  We've seen
the speed of some of our applications drop massively after a few recent
changes, and I'm trying to work with our IT guys to identify the root
cause.  Some comparison data for network-related things such as the Intel
MPI benchmarks would be fantastic.

  (The problem is evident in per-step timings on applications -- whereas
previously we'd see roughly 2.4 +/- 0.1 seconds per step, now we
consistently see 5.0-8.0 +/- 1.5 seconds for the same run.)

  Thanks very much,
  - Brian