[Beowulf] Pony: not yours.

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Fri May 17 07:00:32 PDT 2013

On Fri, May 17, 2013 at 09:46:23AM -0400, Prentice Bisbal wrote:
> On 05/17/2013 02:42 AM, Eugen Leitl wrote:
> >
> > Yes, both for my personal computing (mostly, just a few old boxes on
> > the Internet, less than kW total) and the dayjob I do that. I would
> > gladly buy ARM cluster-in-a-rackmount, provided the price/performance
> > is right, and assuming you could get these from the usual vendors.
> >

> How about the Boston Viridis?
>
> http://www.boston.co.uk/solutions/viridis/default.aspx

http://www.boston.co.uk/solutions/viridis/faq.aspx

What is the price-range of the Viridis?

The approximate pricing for the Viridis platform is as follows:

A fully populated Viridis server – with 48 nodes and 24 drives – is around $50,000
The mid-range Viridis server – with 24 nodes and 24 drives – is around $30,000
The minimum configuration – with a single EnergyCard and four hard drives – costs around $10,000.

Uh, I don't think so.