[Beowulf] Linux quality vs. defects

Peter St. John peter.st.john at gmail.com
Mon May 13 10:21:48 PDT 2013

Joe,
Well that was facile of me. I was thinking universities didn't teach
fortran anymore, but I see that the UNC research computing support group
currently supports three brands (gnu, intel, and portland) for each of all
three of fortran, C, and C++ compilers.
I guess I was stuck thinking of undergraduate education; in the UNC catalog
I can find Lisp, python, pascal even, but neither C++ nor fortran, but
those languages simply may not be mentioned as requirements.
But of course, undergraduates are "kids", graduate students are adults, so
I was still right :-)
Peter