[Beowulf] from the "I don't remember if its possible" file ...

Vincent Diepeveen diep at xs4all.nl
Fri Mar 22 12:55:50 PDT 2013

Kernel locks every socket action in central manner. Also realtime
kernel.
Also for RAW/UDP type communication.

So that 'nodelay' is very confusing.

Would need a manufacturer modified kernel (patch) for specific
network cards to really have no delay.

Removing the lock from the kernel is what would be an interesting
thing to do yet by default you just can't remove it.

So this might not answer your question - but you will always have
some sort of delay.