[Beowulf] Server Sky - Internet and computation in orbit

Lux, Jim (337C) james.p.lux at jpl.nasa.gov
Sat Jun 22 14:09:19 PDT 2013

That is an intriguing thought.  One thing that things like optical fiber
have brought is that the users can be separated form the computation (Of
course, *I* believe that my supercomputer should be in my office, or at
worst, next door, but for the common folk it's different).

While deep ocean is a challenging environment, it's not a whole lot
different than deep space, with the advantage that retrieval and repair is
actually possible.