[Beowulf] Restricting users from ssh into nodes

Mark Hahn hahn at mcmaster.ca
Wed Jul 24 15:10:48 PDT 2013

I would argue that this sort of restriction is BOFHish
(and, if it needs to be said, unattractive for that reason.)
of course, if you really have widespread abuse by users
running amok, and who persist once informed of the rules,
well, you have no choice.

creeping BOFHism is relatively subtle, insidious,
and I think it's good for our souls to resist the tendency.

(my organization has thousands of users from all over,
and chose to remove pam-based controls (were using slurm at the time))

regards, mark hahn.