[Beowulf] single machine with 500 GB of RAM

Jörg Saßmannshausen j.sassmannshausen at ucl.ac.uk
Wed Jan 9 05:05:38 PST 2013

Hi John,

I was toying with this idea as well. However, what I do not know is: as it is
a single core job, do I really need the second CPU for the memory management
or would that slow down things? In other words, does it look like that:
Memoryrequest CPU#0 -> CPU#1 -> RAM
So if I am using a single socket motherboard, would that not be faster or does
a single CPU not cope with that amount of memory?

Regards

Jörg