[Beowulf] HP Moonshot also with AMD Kyoto

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Sat Apr 13 08:03:47 PDT 2013

On Sat, Apr 13, 2013 at 10:44:01AM -0400, Joe Landman wrote:
> On 04/13/2013 10:26 AM, Eugen Leitl wrote:
>
> [deletia]
>
> Eugen, seriously, snip a relevant portion, put that in, and post a link.

Most people will read that online in their browser.
(Unless they're blind, which is actually one of
the reasons why I'm doing it).

>   Please stop posting full articles.

I can tell you that the number of hits on the article
will definitely not diminish by me posting them.
In fact it will likely to increase noticeably.
Which is why most news outlets rarely have problems
with their content reposted, as long as the
pointer to the original site is displayed
promimently.

Sure, if I only post teasers that number will increase even
more, slightly. But when the original article goes away
(half life time or articles online is dismal, while
email archives have a way of sticking around a
long time) you're going to click into the void.

You seem to think that I'm stealing the eyeballs from
the authors. I'm not sure this is correct, unless
there is empirical evidence for it.