[Beowulf] cluster building advice?

Vincent Diepeveen diep at xs4all.nl
Mon Sep 17 04:03:59 PDT 2012

hi Jeffrey,

Maybe you want to give some more details to this list. Most importantly:

WHICH software needs to work well on it, and how many machines do we
speak about and how important are i/o concerns?

(for some software every X gflop they need X bytes per second i/o)

In general the crunching software you intend to run on the machine
should be the overwhelming concern.