[Beowulf] ZFS / NFS and other stories - Re: General cluster management tools - Re: Southampton engineers a Raspberry Pi Supercomputer

Andrew Holway andrew.holway at gmail.com
Sun Sep 16 15:20:37 PDT 2012

> Choose more carefully next time? Just like you have to do a little due
> diligence before deciding if a commercial vendor is a good bet, you
> should also evaluate open source projects to see if they're a good
> bet.

I think at the time I think there was no other choice for ZFS/NFS. The
Oracle empire made sure of that.

Now I am considering the paid version of Nexenta utilising NFSoverRDMA
and NFSoverIPoverIB. Initial performance results are extremely
promising for our particular mysqly I/O patterns but it comes at a
price.

ZFS on Linux is not ready yet I think.

Oracle also sell a ZFS box with infiniband support. Its pretty cheap
and very powerful....