[Beowulf] Southampton engineers a Raspberry Pi Supercomputer

Ellis H. Wilson III ellis at cse.psu.edu
Wed Sep 12 10:13:46 PDT 2012

On 09/12/2012 12:42 PM, Vincent Diepeveen wrote:

> On Sep 12, 2012, at 6:02 PM, Ellis H. Wilson III wrote:
>>
>> In short, you've shared this negative, "if it's not faster then forget
>> about it" sentiment before Vincent, and it's neither constructive
>> to the
>> conversation nor to be reasonably expected from Professors trying
>> to run
>> a solid class on a budget.
>
> You total go over the line here doing this statement.
>
> You fully misunderstand normal people.
>
> 99.99% of everyone on this planet has this mentality.

Ok, thanks for your thoughts Vincent.  I continue to respectfully
disagree, and believe raspberry pi's and similarly super-cheap hardware
will play an increasingly prominent role in highschool and collegiate
classrooms teaching concepts on HPC, regardless of their ability or
inability to out-churn the beefy home desktop.  I guess we'll have to
wait and see.

And next time I need to know about the mentality of 99.99% of the people
on the planet, I'll make sure to query you, the fount of normality.  :D

Best,

ellis